Monday, November 15, 2010

KC music and musings

A couple of things about KC:
  He is writing his own music these days.  He can't write the notes correctly to read quickly enough, though he can read music that is pre-printed.  So his solution is to write the notes in a letter stream--AABCAABCetc. He noodles a little with it and then adjusts and adds to it.  It fascinates me as I could never in this lifetime do that.  He plays his recorder two or three times a day on average for about 10 minutes at a shot.  Just goes and gets it and has at it. I love it.

He is planning for his sisters birthday next month.  Today he brought me a list that he had done out in pictographs.  He told me we had to remember this chart.

1.  Big present with a bow drawn first.
2.  Big cake with 4 candles drawn next.
3.  Lots of little pictures in a line signifying her birthday mural.
4.  Party hats to stand for decorations.
5.  Arms (signifiying hugs)
6.  lips (kisses)

What a kid!