Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday doings

Saturdays are always busy but this one has an extra wrinkle or two just to make life, I don't know--interesting?  First off I needed to make cookies for fellowship at church.  Thank goodness for those little scoopy gizmos so I don't have to roll dough by hand into balls.  I whipped out 80 cinnamon snap cookies between 11:30 and noon. 

Then when we were at the library I saw that they were having a wild animal program at 3 p.m.  The kids really want to go so we will trek back there for it.  But it will make supper a challenge as I won't be able to cook till we get home.  And tonite I also need to do Lissa's hair and trim Rob's.  He is "not" singing in the teen choir at a sister church on Sunday. They are singing "Imagine."  Even he agreed that he needed to have his tresses trimmed.

Also got a shock when we were at dance class today.  KC's teacher came out and asked if KC was willing to be in the recital.  I said as far as I knew it was not on his agenda but she was welcome to ask him.  She reminded KC that he could not see the audience when he danced but that he and his teacher could see each other and she would be looking right at him. And that he didn't have to do the curtain call. (which is when disaster struck this year and he saw the large audience and freaked.)  At any rate, he surprised the heck out of me and said sure he would do it.  Go figure!

2 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Wow, that is great. Some times I get very talented kids in my gymnastics classes who should be on the competitive team and they hesitate because the thought of performing alone freaks then out. I always remind them that there a lot of things that make us nervous in life, “I am nervous everyday driving here everyday to coach you. I don’t like driving but if I let my fear stop me I would be missing out on one of my favorite things in life…coaching YOU!” Obviously I think his decision is huge! It is great preparation for so much still to come in life. HS speech class, collage applications job inter views…(((big high 5 to him)))

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Brave, brave KC!