Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My company might be sold. That is not what I am thankful for incidently! LOL  For a long time (more than 6 yrs) we have known this was a possibility.  However things have never really seemed to be moving forward for us, though we have seen other apartment complexes owned by our company gradually be sold.  There are a lot of weird reasons why selling the property I manage is more difficult and then when the enonomy tanked it really looked like it was not going to happen.

I have been pretty philosophical about things.  It is nothing I can change one way or the other.  There is certainly a level of stress.  There will be a lot of new procedures and policies to absorb.  i will be working with people who don't really know me, whereas the upper management team I presently report to have known me over 30 years.  My regional manager actually used to work at this property and back in 1978, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, she trained me as a leasing agent.  Later I received more training and became an assistant manager.

But people that have known you that long have a good handle on your integrity. They know that I am not like my immediate supervisor and that I can be trusted.  I am grateful for that.  I am grateful for the amount of time and money they have invested in keeping my training current (even though some of said trainings could also double as cures for insomnia!)  I am grateful that when I have a policy question, there is someone there that really answers it and doesn't leave me hanging out there trying to follow all the myriad complex government regs on my own.

I sure hope if we ARE sold, that my new employer will be as fair and pleasant to deal with.  There are not a lot of people nowadays who can say they have worked 32 years for the same company.  See I told you I was a dinosaur!

No comments: