Thursday, November 4, 2010

It is November

If I didn't know the date today, I would still know that it is November in New England.  The skies are leaden and rain is falling.  Cold icky rain, not the rain that holds the promise of new shoots popping up to delight us with veggies or blossoms.  The leaves are almost all down off the trees and two weeks ago, my last "morning glorious" died and I had to rip out the vines for compost.

It is November in my heart today as well.  I don't like rain.  Truth to tell if I lived in a state that had almost no rain, I'd love it.  I could probably even deal with cold to get the high sun factor.  But I also believe in blooming where I am planted and my roots go deep down into the rocky ground here in N.E. 

On the plus side, KC has art class tonight and he is always so bubbly and jazzed when he returns that I can't wait to hear the focus.  And Lissa and I will make french toast for supper!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Fall is actually becoming a good season for me. The cooler weather, not the rain/ice/snow stuff. Like the weather and I have come to an understanding :)

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Oh so true - end of October in New England is my absolute favorite then the next week rolls along and Blech...cold, rainy, oak leaves EVERYWHERE, dark clouds and raw wind. I still love it here, though.