Saturday, November 13, 2010

Zumba Recap

So last night was my first Zumba class.  On the plus side, there were only 7 of us, 6 women and 1 guy.  3 of the girls were probably still in high school but 3 of us were um, mature adults?  Though I suspect I MIGHT have been the oldest (hard to tell though as the gal next to me apparently has a need to Zumba in full make up.LOL)  I did the class barefoot as I know you are not s upposed to be on that dance floor in street shoes which everyone else was.  Also I don't wear sneakers often and mine have holes in them which likely would be a severe Zumba style faux pas.

The music was almost all music that I adore.  I love latin music almost as much as reggae and could sing along with a bunch of the songs.  Thankfully the music was played at such a loud decibel that no one could have heard me singing  or the class might have ended early.  And while the sight of me shaking my hips doesn't look ANYTHING like when Shakira does it, it was a lot of fun.  And basically aerobics is aerobics.  Most of the steps were steps I did when I took or taught classes years ago.  You just wiggled your hips when you did em!  I will definately take another class and am not sore today so it's all zumba good!

No comments: