Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to work

Well it is back to the real world today!  I have not had any work--either my 8 to 4 fulltime office job or my 7-10pm piece work job that I do nights here at home since TUESDAY night!  You have no idea how rare it is for me to be off both jobs at the same time for an extended bit of time.  I think the last time I had that much time off from all of them, we were in Chicago to bring Lissa home.  Since she turns 4 in December, that is a while!

Though I was certainly busy, there is a real feeling of having rested.  All I really did was have fun.  For lots of days.  In a row!  We visited with family, we decorated, I caught up scrapbooks (hallelujah) I helped one of the kids with Yule shopping, I did my cards (except for the picture of the kids we need to take to put inside).  The littles helped me make wreathes for our shed.  I had computer time and it wasn't the dead of night.

Yup, lots of stuff, but I didn't once have to look at my watch and mentally figure how many more minutes I could do a thing before I would have to pull myself away and work.  What a gift to be thankful for!

No comments: